Monday 11 June 2012

I Need Your Help & The Descendants


I NEED YOUR HELP! I am currently writing a Spider-Man SPECIAL blog post, and I would like you to get involved! What better way to promote our love for The Amazing Spider-Man then to have the images be made from real fans! So please send me your pictures, art work etc... I have had a few sent in already and I am currently working on my own piece of art as well!

Send your pictures and images to either:
My twitter account: @SuperAlexMan
Or email me: alex-moppy@hotmail.com

All who submit a picture that is used will be mentioned in the post!
Thanks! Now on to my review of The Descendants.

I love it when a film surprises me. Although I am a big fan of George Clooney, this film did not appeal to me before hand. Maybe I should have taken notice of its Oscar win for best screenplay or its other nominations for best film, editing, directing and acting. But the Oscars rarely nominate anything that is worthy. This time though, they were right to nominate such a brilliant and touching film.

The Descendants is one of those films that has a perfect contrast of happy and sad, not many films can do this, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the only other film I can think of that did. There are some really sad moments in this film, I mean it's about a guy who's wife gets put in a coma during a boating accident. He then finds out his wife has been cheating on him and he has to come to terms with this and his two unruly daughters who he struggles to handle.  George Clooney's life pretty much sucks, or at least his character Matt King's does! So you may be thinking right now, where's the funny in this? Well actually there are a lot of moments which make you chuckle or even laugh out loud. Most of these moments involve Sid, played by Nick Krause, his character is a friend of Matt's daughter who sticks around to keep her 'more civil'.

All the acting here is great, I can't really pick out anyones performance and says its bad. I possibly would have liked to have seen more of Mathew Lillard's character Brian Speer, but that's about it really. The acting is so good that we even get a feel as to what Matt's wife was like before the coma. George Clooney does well at playing one of those characters that is dislike-able but like-able, if you get what I mean. We don't like him but he's George Clooney! This character is a lot like the character Clooney played in Up in the Air. Why has this man only won one Oscar?

This film is pretty much flawless, but I guess if I was to pick out anything it would be the music. It keeps with the Hawaiian theme of the film but there is a lot of it and can get quite tedious. But that's just me.

Overall this film is incredible and I am so happy that it turned out to be much better then expected! I recommend this film to everyone, it is brilliant and George Clooney gives another perfect performance! I'm giving this film a rating of 5/5.

Thanks for reading! If you like blogs then you will love this new one my friend has just created! The Daily Blog strives to entertain each individual with a new post everyday! Be sure to check it out here: http://thedailyblogdb.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!