Sunday 4 March 2012

The Muppets Movie

Yesterday I saw the latest movie from the Muppets. Apart from a couple of television films this is actually the first time they have been on the big screen in 13 years! As they refer to in the film, times have moved on and kids no longer believe in the loveable muppets. Which is why this is a film for adults rather then their kids.

My parents, my dad especially, were mad on the muppets and throughout my childhood have brought me up on them also. Which is why I was just as excited as them to see there comeback to the big screen. There comeback has been written by Jason Segal, who also stars in the film as Gary. You can't help thinking that this is an over fantasised version of Jason Segal's life, being a self confessed muppets fan himself. The plot goes like this; with the help of three fans, The Muppets must reunite to save their old theatre from a greedy oil tycoon. Simple yet very effective!

The script brings back all the magic from classic muppets films and updates it for new viewers as well. The gags are very silly but very funny at the same time. The fart shoe jokes probably make adults laugh more then kids which is just brilliant to see!

The film is full of the new, oscar winning, muppety, feel good songs! The songs, written by Bret Mckenzie sound amazing and full of charm! I was smiling throughout them all, apart from the sad ones which almost had me in tears. It definitely got the little girl behind me crying! Man or Muppet is the highlight though and proves to the audience that it deserved its oscar win!

Overall a great film with a great cast and loads of celebrity cameos! A must see film for all the family, and parents, if your kids don't like it, then disown them.

In other news, there is a new Avengers (Assemble) trailer! If you haven't seen it (why not?!) then here it is!
Instead of rambling on about (which I can easily do!) I shall describe it in one word...

MINDBLOWING!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this film "Fart Shoes".....Good blog particularly as I got a mention. Manamana Doo Doo Do Do Do!

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free To Comment!