Thursday 17 November 2011

The Hunger Games & a hangover!

So this is now my second posting and this time I will go straight into things with a look at the recent Hunger Games trailer and my view on The Hangover Part 2.

So first of all The Hunger Games trailer, now I am a big fan of the books and think if they are made correctly on the big screen they could be awesome, and be the answer to our post Potter blues. Now we were giver a tiny teaser trailer a couple of months ago but lets face it, for people who don't know anything about the film it was pretty crap. So when I heard there was going to be a full one released I was quickly live streaming Good Morning America on my laptop to see it. And what a good morning it was! Well afternoon for me living in the UK. I loved the trailer and that is a good thing, because there is a massive chance that they could have made this film a Twilight film. And we don't need anymore of those! But thankfully first impressions show that the studio haven't butchered the books and look set for making the next big teen franchise. Now the film is set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match. Now the books were amazing and actually some of the best I've read and even though it is teenage fiction there are many underlying adult themes such as capitalism and poverty and this really does make it a very powerful series of books. The trailer looks at the vents before the games so thankfully it doesn't give too much away but gives enough away to make me scream 'YES THAT LOOKS FREAKIN AWESOME!' And trust me, I really am happy at what it looks like so far! The only thing I was a bit disappointed in not seeing was whether the violence was watered down too much within the games, because this is film where kids fight each other to the death. And obviously the institution don't want to cut out there target audience and make it a 15. So I'm just hoping that with seemingly less strict rules on what children should be allowed to see will allow some of the gritty violence in the book to be portrayed on screen. I do however like the casting very much, most importantly Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss because she really is superb actress. Not to sure about Liam Hemsworth but that's only down to his previous movies, because he might actually be awesome in the role, just like his big bro as Thor! Also director Gary Ross has a pretty good film history with Pleasantville and Big so hopefully the film should be amazing. But why don't you take a look for yourself and tell me what you think! The trailer actually gave me goosebumps so I think that's a sign of greatness!


Now onto my review of The Hangover Part 2. Now before I start I must say I really really loved the first film, because it was something different, unexpected and best of all very, very funny! So I though could they really make an awesome sequel to what looked like a stand alone film? And my answer is...no. Set two years after the bachelor party in Las Vegas, Phil, Stu, Alan, and Doug jet to Thailand for Stu's wedding. Stu's plan for a subdued pre-wedding brunch, however, goes seriously awry. 
The great thing about the first was that it was unpredictable and audiences were on the edges of their seats throughout. With the second it looks as if they copy and pasted the winning formula of the first and tweaked stuff around to say it was 'original'. And it didn't work, everything was predictable and some of it really wasn't that funny. I mean some bits were great especially the character of Stu played by the brilliant Ed Helms but apart from that, the rest was a bit boring. Now apparently they are going to make a third (that's Hollywood for ya!) and if rumours are to be true the gang may be off to Berlin, which could be a laugh as long as the scriptwriters don't just copy and paste again!

Anyway, if your reading this thanks a lot. Please tell your friends about my blog, it would be nice to have some followers! But  until next time please comment bellow!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!